Thanks to Dana Dratch from Bankrate.com for sharing the top 22 painting blunders! I love this list….it makes me giggle. I see mistakes everyday and get many phone calls pertaining to these exact blunders. Some of my favorites are thinking all paint is the same and not prepping. Boy oh boy there are many paint jobs gone wrong so visit the list. Please ask for help. It goes a long way!
(courtesy of Apartment Therapy)
Top 22 Painting Blunders
1. Jumping the gun.
2. Dreaming up colors.
3. Pursuing trends.
4. Mistaking swatch for wall.
5. Ignoring warm and cool.
6. Forgetting every wall is different.
7. Forgetting the ceiling.
8. Not using color to connect rooms.
9. Not identifying existing paint.
10. Thinking all paint is the same.
11. Not asking for help.
12. Not using best tools.
13. Buying insufficient paint.
14. Not examining paint early.
15. Not buying the right tools.
16. Not considering hiring a pro.
17. Not prepping the wall.
18. Not having a plan of attack.
19. Using thick coats of paint.
20. Not considering painter’s tape.
21. Neglecting your tools.
22. Forgetting what colors you used.
Let Someone Else’s Painting Go Wrong….Read The Warning!